What We Believe
What We Believe
WOCC is a part of the Restoration movement. We desire to be Christians only and live according to the principles set forth by Jesus and the Apostles whom He chose while on earth. The Bible is our only rule for faith and practice. Our purpose is to live out the ancient faith in our world today. We believe that discipleship involves Learning, Serving, and Communing with one another and with the Lord. Finally, we seek to honor Jesus’ prayer “that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us” (John 17:21).
Learn, Serve, and Commune
We believe that when we come together as a church we come to Learn, Serve, and Commune.
- Learn – At the heart of being a disciple of Jesus is learning. We place a high importance on learning what God has given to in His Word, the Bible, and what God’s Will is for our lives. God’s inspired word enables us to grow to maturity.
- Serve – We believe our faith is to be active. Every Christian should be involved in serving the Lord both in our assemblies and in the communities in which we live. We serve in a variety of ways as we help others and as we tell others about the message of Christ.
- Commune – Christian fellowship is a vital aspect of the life of the believer. We commune (koinonia, share in common) with one another when we come together as a church and throughout the week through mutual encouragement, giving, praying for one another. We also commune together with the Lord as we assemble together as we share together in the Lord’s Supper and in our daily personal devotional time with God.
Our Core Beliefs ….
- We believe Jesus is the Christ (Messiah) promised by God, foretold by the Old Testament Prophets in the Old Testament Scriptures and announced by the New Testament Apostles and Prophets as coming to earth for the salvation of mankind.
- We believe that the Bible is the inspired, inerrant word of God and our only rule of faith and practice
- We believe in the mission of Jesus Christ which is to proclaim the Gospel (the good news about Jesus Christ) throughout the world and to make Disciples (followers of Jesus) of all people. (Matthew 28:16-20)
- We take the Lord’s Supper every Sunday as taught in the New Testament
- Offerings are collected weekly for the purpose of advancing the work of Christ in our community and throughout the world. Members are encouraged to contribute regularly through offerings given freely from the heart, not under compulsion. We also support missions through our Faith Promise giving.
Hear – Romans 10:17
Believe – Mark 16:16; John 3:16 & 8:24
Repent – Mark 1:15; Luke 13:3; Acts 3:19 & 17:30; 2 Peter 3:9
Confession of Christ – Matthew 10:32-33; Romans 10:9-10; Philippians 2:11
Baptism – Mark 16:16; John 3:3-5; Acts 2:38 & 22:16; Romans 6:3-4; 1 Peter 3:18-22
Faithfulness – Luke 16:10-12; 2 Corinthians 5:7; Hebrew 11:6; Revelation 2:10
Obedience – Luke 11:28; John 3:36 & 14:15